Ugh I was doing so well for awhile, and on track to make my goal of 24 books this year… but then I completely fell off the reading wagon in the last quarter! All I wanted to do with my downtime was veg out and catch up on TV… and it took me forever to read Goldfinch. But hey, at least I read more than my 15 books in 2013, and the 3 ridiculously long GOT books have got to count for something right?
I did get a chance to catch up on some good shows though – SUITS, WHITE COLLAR, REVENGE, HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER, and SCANDAL.
Once again, here are my star rating definitions and list of books read by month…
5 stars = It sucked me in and I couldn’t put it down!
4 stars = Very enjoyable.
3 stars = It was okay. I’m ambivalent.
2 stars = Such a chore to get through.
1 star = Terrible! I want those hours of my life back, stat!
1. The Game of Thrones (A Clash of Kings, Book 2) by: George R.R. Martin (4 of 5)
2. The Game of Thrones (A Storm of Swords, Book 3) by: George R.R. Martin (5 of 5)
3. The Game of Thrones (A Feast for Crows, Book 4) by: George R.R. Martin (4 of 5)
4. Surprised by Oxford: A Memoir by: Carolyn Weber (2 of 5)
5. The Game of Thrones (A Dance of Dragons, Book 5) by: George R.R. Martin (3 of 5)
6. Hidden by: Catherine McKenzie (4 of 5 – a Kindle First book)
7. The Joy of Less: A Minimalist Living Guide by: Francine Jay (3 of 5)
8. Moving Day: A Thriller by: Jonathan Stone (3 of 5 – a Kindle First book)
9. I am Livia by: Phyllis T. Smith (4 of 5 – a Kindle First book)
10. The Lowland by: Jhumpa Lahiri (5 of 5)
11. 1984 by: George Orwell (4 of 5)
12. Little Earthquakes by: Jennifer Weiner (4 of 5)
13. Shanghai Girls by: Lisa See (3 of 5)
14. Dreams of Joy by: Lisa See (4 of 5)
15. South of the Border, West of the Sun by: Haruki Murakami (4 of 5)
16. Wonder by: R.J. Palacio (4 of 5)
17. The Name of the Wind by: Patrick Rothfuss (2 of 5)
18. Eleanor & Park by: Rainbow Rowell (4 of 5)
19. The Goldfinch by: Donna Tartt (4 of 5)
* * *
Favorite book of 2013 – And the Mountains Echoed
Favorite book of 2014 – The Game of Thrones (A Storm of Swords, Book 3)
GOAL FOR 2015: 24 books (again)