October marks the beginning of my favorite time of year (despite it being one of the hottest, yuckiest times of year in California)! First, the pumpkin patch opens, then Halloween… then it quickly escalates to Thanksgiving, holiday parties, and Christmas! All this stuff has become exponentially more meaningful since having kids. There’s so much I want to do with them, and so many traditions I want to build. It gets more and more exciting the older they get. This year, Noelle and I are going to write a letter to Santa and bake cookies together. She’s already looking forward to what “Santa” might bring! But we all know the spirit of Christmas isn’t about receiving, it is about giving, so I told her we need to think about something to give someone else so that we can bless them too. She seemed to be on board with that – she told me she wanted to give her bear and play cookies to her BFF Aliya. Toddlers are so funny.
I have been meaning to create a fall/winter fun list, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. In the meantime, these are some events we’ve done/want to do in the coming months:
O C T O B E R
- Pumpkin patch – Saturday 9/27/14 (done)
- Global village festival with food trucks and bounce houses – Saturday 9/27/14 (done)
- Spooktacular @ The Great Park – Saturday 10/11/14 from 9-1 pm
- Mariner’s Church pumpkin patch – Saturday 10/11/14 from 6-8 pm
- Boo at the Zoo (Santa Ana Zoo) – Saturday 10/18/14 from 5:30-8 pm
- Mariner’s Church harvest festival – Friday 10/24/14 from 5-8:30 pm
- Trick-or-treating with friends in our neighborhood – Friday 10/31/14
N O V E M B E R
- Vegas for our 5th anniversary! 11/9/14 thru 11/12/14
- Operation Christmas Child – Now that the kids are older I really want to involve them in the act of giving. Will have each of them make one and we can go pick out the gifts together,butJaren will probably need a lot of assistance with his.
- National collection week is 11/17 thru 11/24 so must get the shoeboxes packed before then.
- Friendsgiving – possibly Tuesday 11/25/14
- Thanksgiving – 11/27/14
- The OC Turkey trot – 11/27/14 – Kind of want to do one this year with the kids! We’ll see…
D E C E M B E R
- Put up the Christmas Tree & String up Christmas Lights!
- Drive to see the Brea Christmas Lights Neighborhood
- Trip to Big Bear?
- We’ve toyed with the idea of renting a cabin and taking the kids to the mountains, but we’ll see…
- Visit Santa at the South Coast Mall
- We do this every year! Will I get another cry face picture out of Noelle? I already have quite the collection. 😛
- Christmas Eve and Christmas!
I love the holidays so much! We are looking forward to building more and more family traditions with the kids as they grow. 🙂