I picked up my very first CSA box from the farm today. Here’s a glimpse at where I shop:
I usually dart to the quick sale section first before doing the rest of my shopping! They have tons of good quality produce for cheap!
Anyway, I promised I’d share what goodies I got, so let’s open this baby up and see!
My farm offers CSA boxes in 2 sizes. You can either get the small $20 box or the large $30 box and choose to get it weekly or bi-weekly. I decided to start off small, but they gave me quite a bit more than I expected!
All this for $20:
- 1 bunch of kale – I was hoping for this! I already used it to make more Massaged Kale Salad.
- 1 bunch of green beans – will season and roast in oven.
- 1 head of butter lettuce – don’t know what to do with this yet… any suggestions?
- 1 cantaloupe – cut and eat.
- 6 oranges – eat as is.
- 12 medium carrots – use for baby puree. my daughter loooves her carrots.
- 5 medium tomatoes – make tomato, onion, and cucumber salad.
- 5 cucumbers – same as ^
- 4 ears of corn – roast it.